It's Been a while....

It has been quite a while since my last post but I have a really good excuse…
Back in April I got pretty sick and went to the emergency room. I was much sicker than I thought and was admitted into the hospital because I was septic and was near kidney failure. This is when the drugs began….. I was in ICU for about a month and then in CCU for another month before being sent to a skilled nursing facility for 5 months. Why skilled nursing? For some reason when I was in ICU I became unable to walk. My left leg was bent and could not be straightened as well as my left arm being very weak and my left pinky being bent and unable to be straightened. Amazing what happens when you when you go into the hospital, huh? I left the hospital and went into a rehab facility and spent a whopping 5 months there but still can’t walk. I am back home now and having a physical therapist and nurse visit 2-3 times a week. Believe it or not, I have done better in the 3.5 weeks that I have been home than I did in the 5 months in rehab.
In the 7 + months that I was in rehab and the hospital, I lost A LOT of weight. This was not the way that I wanted to lose weight but it was a start. I still have a quite a bit of weight to lose and I am still working on it but I have not given up yet.
I have so much that has happened over the past 7 months that I want to write about but I can’t do it all now so there will be more where this came from in the near future……. Check back in often.
Much Love,
TFC

0 comments: