I am One Confused Fat Chick!

As I have mentioned recently, I am a bit of a TV junkie. I enjoy watching some shows but sometimes the TV is just on for the noise and to keep me company.
It seems like lately there have been a lot of things in the news and on talk shows about “Overweight America” and “Obese Teens”. Then we have popular magazines telling us that you have to be 4 pounds 5 ounces to be considered “normal” or pretty. We have the news telling us that we are a country in turmoil because we have teens who are overweight. And then we have Oprah having temper tantrums because she has gained a few pounds. Oprah looks better like she is now, with some meat. For a while there she was looking sickly. (I could go off on a tangent here but I will save that for later.) What is wrong with having a little meat on your bones? Nothing!!
The more I think about it, the more I think I can see why we have so many teens and young adults with weight problems. It’s the stupid magazines and TV!! Every time they turn on the TV to watch GossipGirl or 90210 or flip the page in Glamour magazine, they are told that they are not normal because they are not 5ft 10in and weigh 52.6 lbs soaking wet! So what do they do? They go into the kitchen, get a snack and eat away the frustration. God knows that is what I feel like doing when I watch certain shows or look at certain magazines……. AND I DO IT!! Guess it is my way of saying “SCREW YOU MEDIA! I’ll show you!” as I shovel a large pizza in my mouth with a brownie chaser. Yep, that’ll show’em!
Because you know they are sitting in their high rise offices in New York and LA waiting to see what I’M going to do because it is their goal in life and business to make me a super thin model type.
So, we live in a nation with a weight problem but we are driving people to weight problems with what we are showing them in the media. Dear Lord, we should be called The United States of American Emotional Eaters! Maybe we can get a fat people bailout from the government. They can pay us to loose weight! Or maybe pay us to stay fat! That will keep the media in business!
Maybe I have ranted enough for now. Give me a few hours and I am sure I will have something else that will make me want to explode with adjectives and verbs and nouns!

0 comments: